- Celia Delaney and SpeakingSuccess are trading names of sole trader Celia Wrighton t/a Celia Delaney, referred to throughout this document as “Celia Delaney”.
- This agreement refers to any speech, performance, training or coaching event featuring Celia Delaney and her associates.
COMEDIAN, SPEAKER, MC & SPEAKING COACH
All services are payable in full in advance unless otherwise agreed and will be invoiced soon after booking:
- All speaking, MC & comedy work is payable in full 30 days before the event
- All training workshops are payable in full 30 days before the event
- All individual coaching work is payable in full 7 days before the first session
The work will be scheduled directly between Celia Delaney and the client. The scheduled event should be treated as a firm commitment on both sides. Please note that dates agreed by email will be taken as binding. We will not issue a separate contract for an event in most cases, however we will ask you to agree to our Terms of Service.
Postponement & Cancellation:
- It is accepted that there will be occasions on either side (holidays, sickness etc.) when an event will have to be rearranged, in which case this should be done as quickly as possible.
- There will be no charge for doing so, providing:
- For conference events where Celia Delaney has been booked to speak, perform or MC,
or for training workshops at least 30 days’ notice is given.
- For individual coaching with Celia Delaney, at least 24 hours’ notice is given.
- You have given notice of postponement or cancellation by calling Celia directly on 07957 454 838 and emailing [email protected]
- Insufficient notice will mean that the session or event will not be refunded even if it does not go ahead and:
- If the session or event is rebooked then this will be chargeable at the full rate.
- Any expenses already occurred will remain payable.
- Cancellation of the venue including all costs is the responsibility of the client.
- Either party can terminate the agreement for an event at any time with 30 days written notice, stating the reasons why the work will not be going ahead or has been deemed to be unsatisfactory. This is subject to the payment of any outstanding invoices for work already carried out. Any unused sessions will be refunded.
- Force Majeure: Celia Delaney shall not be held in breach of any of its obligations under the Terms to the extent only that due performance or observance of such obligation is prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of act of God, war and other hostilities, civil commotion, acts or restrains of Government, or any other cause not within the reasonable control of Celia Delaney. Celia Delaney will notify the client with the minimum of delay of any circumstances arising from Force Majeure that materially affects its ability to deal with the commission as contractually agreed.
- Illness: It is extremely rare that Celia Delaney will be unable to attend an event, however, in the event of serious illness, we will do everything we can to provide you with a replacement speaker, MC, comedian or coach. The replacement will be deemed to be acceptable unless you state otherwise in writing within 30 days of the event. If it is not possible to find a replacement in time, we will offer you a full refund. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Celia Delaney from and against any loss, cost or expense resulting from Celia Delaney’s non-attendance at an event.
All other Terms:
- Venue: This agreement is based on all sessions being carried out in the UK at the client’s site or another location that is agreed by both parties. Change of venue may require a new agreement and may incur a higher fee.
- File sharing: You agree to accept our method of recording and sharing film and documentation with you or to promptly offer an alternative secure method of file sharing.
- Confidentiality: We will not, except in the proper performance of work undertaken, during or after the termination of this agreement disclose or allow to be disclosed any confidential information relating to the business or affairs of the client and its partner organisations.
- Copyright: All proposals, design, written materials, practice scenarios, videos and exercises created by us remain the intellectual property of Celia Delaney. Sessions may be recorded by attendees of the event for personal use only and must not be shared publicly or used to create products or marketing materials without payment of a fee and written permission.
- Accountability: Our services are advisory. You are accountable for any results within the organisation, as these are affected by many factors outside our control. We will however, focus on results and adapt our speaking, training and coaching to give you the best possible chance of success with your event. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Celia Delaney from and against any loss, cost or expense resulting from your activities related to the advice you have been given during an event.
- Agreement: This agreement is the entire agreement between you and Celia Delaney. All prior agreements, promises or representations being merged herein. This agreement shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with UK laws. If any law imposes a change in the nature of goods, services, consumption, value added or similar tax, then this is payable by you when it is due for payment.